Wednesday, August 12, 2015

When Love Finds You

By Jennifer Elizabeth Masters


Have you ever noticed when we are looking for love, we don’t find it? Yet, when we are not looking, it magically finds us. The best love just happens. It’s almost as of it falls out of the sky.


When we step into the flow and trust, The Universe does all the work for you. 


Each of us longs to love and be loved. Being in a loving relationship makes everything in our lives better. When we look for love we are coming from an empty place, rather than a place of fullness, or completeness. Like in the movie, Gerry, McGuire, we may be wanting someone to complete us. When we do, we are not happy with the result long-term, our joy isn’t dependent on anything outside of us. 


I recently stepped into the flow and allowed the universe to bring love to me. What did it take? Trusting my guidance and listening. I haven’t been dating in months. Recently, I was directed to go to the beach, even though I had visited the previous week. I followed my intuition, trusting. I wondered in my head, should I go today? I
heard, “GO. You are going to meet someone!” “Today?” “YES!” I got the word and I still questioned it. Go figure!

I wrote my blog and began to prepare for the two-hour plus drive. Then I heard, “You might stay the night.” That was interesting, as I usually struggled to make the drive back home. I didn’t know anyone in Santa Barbara. I didn’t doubt my intuition.


There was no urgency to leave right away. I took my time packing up, finishing my blog. Traffic was heavy going through town due to an accident. Again, I felt calm, there was no rush. The drive took me over three hours. I found a parking spot near the beach without much of an issue and started walking. As my beach blanket began to slip from under my arm, a tall man with a dog asked it I needed some help. Before I even had a chance to answer, he was already taking my cooler and beach blanket from me. I was struck by his casual kindness. He offered his hand to me, which I gratefully accepted, as I slid down the bank, commenting on chivalry not being dead. It was so easy. 


We walked down the beach talking effortlessly, I felt comfortable and unafraid. When we got to the perfect spot on the beach, he asked if he could join me? I could have said no to this stranger. It was clear this was the person I was to meet. 


When The Universe does the work for you, there are many pleasant surprises. I had already done the work writing my list of 100, that I teach my clients to do, I knew what I wanted in a man. I am an animal lover. I knew I wanted someone who had a loving relationship with their dog. This man was walking his dog, Henry without a leash. Clearly there was mutual respect between them. 


I wanted someone who loved to cook, take care of me, instead of the other way around. Someone who was close to my age, with grown children, tall, emotionally mature, fiscally responsible, secure, healthy, funny and knew who he was. I wanted a man, rather than a boy. I didn’t want to mother someone else. My children were all grown. I was ready to be appreciated and loved for me.

When I stopped to take my hat off, he looked intently at me, his sea blue eyes got wide and he told me how beautiful I was. He already appreciated who I was. I knew my guy would have blue eyes. We spent the afternoon together, talking, laughing and getting to know one-another. We shared stories, listening intently to the other. His children were grown. Henry his dog, was loved, respected and cherished. 


After three hours, he told me he had a fresh piece of swordfish and bashfully asked me if he could cook dinner for me. I already knew the invite was coming. I felt safe. I replied, “I would be delighted.” I said a silent prayer of gratitude to the universe for bringing me someone so wonderful. The Universe will always find someone better for us than we could ever do for ourselves. 


We spent that first evening laughing until the wee hours of the morning. I felt safe, cared for and revered. His sweet comment to me, “I have waited so long for you, I hope I don’t screw this up,” did not fall on deaf ears. Over time, if I made a request, it was filled without question. His extra firm mattress was replaced after only one comment, it hurt my hips. Within a week, he sent me a text with a photo of the pillow top mattress he bought, exactly what I wanted. He clearly wanted me with him and made it obvious. 


I thought back to other relationships where men would not listen, or tell me I was beautiful, or make accommodations for my comfort. He recognized my value because I did. I knew who I was and he saw me clearly. Contrast allows us to recognize the beautiful gifts in the present moment. 


As you are thinking about your beloved, step into the flow and let The Universe take control. I assure you that you will not be disappointed. I would love to hear your stories and questions. Please contact me at JenniferElizabethMasters@gmail.com. 

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Allow me to partner with you to help you get out of your own way and find the love you so deserve! Helping others find love is only one of my superpowers and gifts! From India to the US, I have helped many find and keep the love they desire.