Saturday, August 29, 2015

9 Amazing Benefits Of Watching A Sunrise

By Jennifer Elizabeth Masters

Sunrise is a magnificent time of day. It is an awakening of the planet, birds, trees and wildlife. It is always a new beginning. If you have romance in your soul, witnessing this beautiful daybreak can bring joy into your mundane life. It doesn't cost anything to watch a sunrise. You could be on your porch drinking coffee, holding hands together. Or if you live alone like I do, you witness it with your dogs out in the desert. 


Even with a friend staying with me, being alone in the desert at sunrise was a spectacular and emotional experience this morning. I tried to go back to bed, but my cats weren't having it. I capitulated and got myself dressed. I am so glad I did because the beauty of this morning was overwhelming. 

Sun-gazing is an old method of healing. Our ancestors worshiped the sun for many reasons. This is what you will receive if you look up instead of down while you walk:

  1. Grandeur. The sun is such a magnificent energy. Look up and witness the beauty. Notice the subtle changes in the sky as the sun rises up over the mountains, trees, houses or buildings where you are. For me, it was the dry dusty mountains to the east. 
  2. Peace. At sunrise, the energy from the sun is one of peace. Open your heart and feel it. Allow it to permeate your being.
  3. Beauty. There is a beauty all around us, yet, many never notice it. When you begin to notice the little things, your life takes on a brighter hue. You will find happiness in the smallest of details. 
  4. Gratitude. You are alive another day. What? "Big deal," you say? Waking up is a gift. I know many people who die in their sleep. Being grateful just to be alive shifts your perspective. You will stop taking your life, partner, children, friends for granted. Each day is a beautiful gift. Be grateful. Say thank you to the sun for rising on this gorgeous day.
  5. Healing.  The sun can recharge you. It is composed of ultraviolet light which the body needs for optimum health.The sun stimulates the production of melanin, stimulates the metabolism, (especially metabolism of minerals) is good for helping glands that take care of internal secretion.
  6. Natural Source of Vitamin D.  In humans Vitamin D changes to calcium in the body which encourages the hormone endorphin production. Endorphins give you that feel good feeling which causes happiness and satisfaction which prevents depression. I wonder if more people got out in the early morning and walked, would we have fewer people taking anti-depressants?
  7. Sunlight is good for the nervous system. Lack of sunlight is now linked to PTSD. Exposure to the sun can reduce anxiety. It is a known fact in Scandanavian countries that reduced sunlight causes nervousness, depression, and other health issues. 
  8. Reduces  the incidence of major diseases. Many people have gone above and beyond to avoid being in the sun, wearing clothing that covers their skin up. Skin cancer is a smaller risk than most of these other diseases prevented from sunlight exposure. The list is long: breast cancer, colon cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, elevated blood pressure, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, ovarian cancer, Osteomalacia, prostate cancer, psoriasis, rickets, Seasonal Affect Disorder, (which I had living in Canada) tooth decay, tuberculosis. 
  9. Unadulterated JOY! This morning I got down on my hands and knees and thanked the sun for the wonderful joy I felt witnessing the awakening of the world, another day of life and the love I have for all things God-like in this world. Without the sun, we would die. 
Vitamin D deficiency is rampant especially among the elderly. They are often housebound. Taking Vitamin D does not guarantee enough of a dosage, as the original FDA dosage was based on normal exposure to the sun. The elderly do not receive natural sunlight and therefore, are deficient in Vitamin D. 

On top of all the stunning beauty, watching a sunrise is a romantic event. I felt that in love feeling while walking through the desert. The sun gleamed sending a beam of light right to me, through me and all around me. What's not to love?

Visit Jennifer Elizabeth Masters's website here to sign up for my private newsletter. I share new events, and additional information in my newsletters that I don't
share here. For insider information of upcoming courses, certifications, and retreats you will want to sign up soon. Want to order my latest books? They are available on Amazon.com

If you are interested in private coaching, I am closing out some of my available coaching time, due to a new book I have begun. I have limited spaces available. If you are interested in group coaching, a new course will be announced in October, 2015.