Saturday, June 4, 2016

Who You Are Is More Important Than What You Do

By Jennifer Elizabeth Masters

When we get to the end of the road of life, it is not the house we lived in, the car we drove, or the amount of money we made that people remember. Eulogies rarely include stories about who you stepped over on the road to success, but rather what you left behind. 


Did your children love you? Will you be missed? Will your legacy be one of creative genius, generosity, compassion, gratitude, love or the joy you spread across the world? 


The most vital part of our life is who we are. What do you stand for? Do you share love with your children, neighbors or strangers? Do you drop a few bills in the musician's case as he plays his heart out on your city streets? Or do you pretend not to notice?

Our lives are happier when we are compassionate towards others. We are happier when we give generously. We ignite others with our gratitude and joy. 

Do you speak highly of others, or do you gossip? Are you negative, or positive in your thinking? Do you love your brothers and sisters no matter what color or nationality they are? Are you grateful for each day and happy to be alive?

Do you share a smile with the cashier at the checkout? Do you offer a heartfelt compliment to the salesperson or clerk that was so helpful? Do you answer the phone with a smile and give someone directions when they ask, or do you tell them you don't have the time? Maybe rescuing animals, or mentoring children is the way you share your love and passion. Whatever you do, when we make a difference in your world everyone benefits.

On Friday, I visited the Canadian Consulate to renew my passport in downtown Los Angeles. Before I made the eighty-eight-mile trek into the land of movie stars I did what any Internet savvy person would do. I called the number my Bing search engine gave me for The Canadian Consulate.

Instead of hearing, "Bienvenue a Canada," I heard a man's voice simply say "Hello." I had reached a bankruptcy attorney whose office just happens to be in the same building as the Canadian Consulate. The phone number listed by Bing leads unsuspecting Canadians to Kevin's office number. 

Instead of being rude, ill-tempered or angry for receiving and fielding hundreds of calls for The Canadian Consulate Kevin used this opportunity to offer a humanitarian service.  To Kevin, I salute you! I am very grateful for his patient and helpful demeanor when I called. He made my day. 

Kevin knew the hours of operation for the Consulate and offered to answer other questions about them as well. He was very complimentary about the Canadians who worked at the Consulate.

I shared my perspective about Divine Intervention and that there is no such thing as a coincidence. I wondered what the reason was for our conversation? I discovered for every wrong number or message he receives Kevin returns every call.  He doesn't want travelers to be stranded or distressed about their lost passport thinking they left a message for the Consulate.


Kevin was amazingly kind. Even though he has fielded hundreds of misdialed calls for wayward Canadians searching for the Consulate, he was polite, generous with his time and told me about his happy second marriage in the process! Yay Kevin! I wondered how I could be more generous, patient and compassionate. 

When I drove into Los Angeles, I found myself in unfamiliar territory. Streets were torn up, parking was outrageous, yet a complete stranger suggested that I park at Macy's where I could get my ticket validated. Instead of paying $30.00 for two hours it was free! I am always excited to save money, this made me very happy.

I stopped several people on the street asking for directions. I was delighted to find so many wonderfully helpful people who took the time to guide me when they obviously had somewhere else to be. 



To all those commuters on the 101 Northbound from Los Angeles that waited patiently while I made my way across four lanes of traffic to fuel my parched gas tank, thank you. There are plenty of people who are kind, gracious and helpful when you are filled with gratitude and love yourself.

What will your legacy be? What will others remember about you one year after your passing? Will they remember your generosity or helpfulness? What will they speak of on the tenth anniversary of your death? Will they still be talking about you? Or will you be forgotten?



Jennifer will be hosting a FREE call on January 1st. Find out what the new year holds for you. Ask the burning questions you have been wanting to ask Jennifer at the end of the call. Look for more information or sign up for Jennifer's newsletter and be party to the insider scoop!

Group Energy Clearing and Akashic Records Reading and Private sessions available on June 11th.

FREE EVENT ON SUNDAY With Adam Gates of NakedHealthy! Visit FaceBook for more information.

When we lovingly accept ourselves as we are with all our faults and flaws, we have healthy self-esteem. 




Jennifer Elizabeth Masters is the author of the forthcoming book: HAPPY HERE, HAPPY ANYWHERE. 

What Clients Are Saying About Jennifer's Work

May 26, 2016

I wanted to let you know that I am feeling absolutely wonderful spiritually and about myself! After our session yesterday I felt energized and HAPPY for the first time in years! Despite my Fibromyalgia pain, I feel light, like a huge weight has been lifted from me. It's so nice to feel like I can actually take a deep breath and breathe. Life feels happy and optimistic again (I haven't felt this way in over 10 years!). Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! 

I hope you are having a wonderful day, and I truly appreciate everything you have done for me!

Love and Light,

Lauren

From Lauren's Mother...


Hi Jennifer,
I am so amazed and delighted in the difference that you have helped Lauren achieve thus far!!!  Her whole aura and energy has totally changed.  I saw Lauren smile & really laugh for the first time since Nov 2015!!!  I'm so grateful for you and your wonderful, kind and compassionate work with her. You are a God-Send.


Also, the energy in the whole house has changed, i
t feels sweet and clear, no negativity hanging around. I want to thank you with all my heart for helping her.  Your gifts are so abounding.


Julie