Monday, October 24, 2016

3 Things You Must Do To Be Happy

By Jennifer Elizabeth Masters"
Happiness is not having what you want. It is appreciating what you have.

As I round the home stretch of my transformational book, Happy Here, Happy Anywhere: The Step-By-Step Guide To Overcoming Anxiety, Depression, and Unhappiness I have a few pointers to share with you that are key components of getting to a place of happiness. Here they are:


1. You must commit to doing whatever it takes to be happy right now with what you already have. If you bitch, moan or complain about your life you will never be happy. So just stop it! Bob Newhart says it best. You have got to have a sense of humor with yourself. Instead, of beating yourself up for the choices you have made in the past look at how you can learn from those choices. What was your lesson, what was the gift? 

We all make choices that don't take us where we thought they would. Let it go. Learn from the past instead of flogging yourself. We can be goofballs, weirdos, and mavericks and still be happy, look at me! I am one of the biggest goofballs, mavericks, and weirdos on the planet. We are unique. Be happy with your uniqueness!

Living the simplest of lives focusing on the important things like family, friends and loving life will bring you happiness. Turn your focus inward and be grateful for being alive each day. Being grateful for the simplest of things will help to shift your focus. I know people that have died in their sleep. They didn't wake up to live another day. We have to recognize that each day is a gift. Having a meal to eat is a gift. When we expect things to be a certain way we aren't focusing on the miracles of life. Nothing is impossible and everything is possible! Miracles happen every day. Be grateful for the gift of life. Be happy with what you have now and more good will flow to you.


2. Have some fun. Do things that you love to do every day. Life is way too short not to enjoy it. Watch funny movies, comedians and cute YouTube videos of fuzzy little animals that make you laugh and smile. If you keep wishing to "go home," be careful what you wish for as your suffering could be endless, then you just return here to do it again!

PLAY! The next time you are home with family for an evening, take out a board game. Play with your family. Engage with people instead of texting or playing mind numbing games on your phone. People are what make us happy, not technology. 

My favorite game is Cards Against Humanity. I usually end up almost peeing my pants from laughing so hard, and usually win. I love this game. It's a little naughty, certainly funny and gets you out of your damned ego! Cards Against Humanity is a party game for horrible people. Of course, I don't consider myself a horrible person, I am a fun, happy enlightened being. Fun is a huge part of my happiness. Play is something I do daily.

It will give you a chance to laugh, have some fun and get out of your way.

3. Do things that make you happy. (see number 2 above) Listen to happy uplifting music. Dance instead of going to the gym. I quit my gym membership and dance outside every day with music that lifts me and moves me into high states of happiness. The flip side of this is we have to stop doing things that bring us down. If you read the newspaper every day, read headlines that make you angry or want to cry, STOP IT! Avoid reading Yahoo headlines and watching the news. These things will bring you down and create unhappiness and sadness. Believe me, if the sky begins to fall and the world is ending you won't need to read the headlines to find out, you will know! Now get up and move it move it!

Happiness Rests Securely In Your Hands





If this article helped you, let me know on FaceBook, or share it with a friend. Everyone deserves to be happy. Some of us have forgotten how.

An energy clearing will give you clarity, remove negativity, beliefs that don't serve you, calm the mind chatter, allow you to sleep better, clear anxiety, help you feel positive, lighter. Suicidal programs can be cleared; there is hope. If you feel hopeless, contact me right NOW! JenniferElizabethMasters@gmail.com