17 Ways To Self-Careby JENNIFER ELIZABETH MASTERS on June 27, 2013
Being kind to ourselves is often the last thing we think about with our busy schedules. Loving yourself nurtures your soul and nourishes your mind, body and spirit. Taking care of yourself is an act of loving kindness to Self. Giving yourself the much needed me-time will help you have more to offer your clients, family and friends. Giving to the point of feeling depleted is not taking care of yourself and is self-defeating.
What does self care really mean?
Rather than pleasing others you please yourself. Rather than making excuses and whining for being tired, you take a nap. You don't feel guilty for saying "No" when your plate is already full.
When your have no more clean clothes to wear, you do your laundry. When you begin to feel over-whelmed or stressed, it is a sign you need to take care of you. Here are 17 ways to nurture your mind-body-spirit to regenerate and renew.
- Take your dog for a long walk out in nature. Being outside alone will raise your vibration. Stop along the way to smell the flowers and other scents in the air. Adamantine particles in the air outside replenish, restore and cleanse you (raising your spirits and vibration)
will not ring for an hour or two can help to re-boot your energy.
3. Take a day off from using your computer. Sitting in front of your computer day after day
for 8 or more hours can leave you feeling out of whack and agitated. A break from
microwave technology and Wifi energy can help you feel grounded and more peaceful.
4. Read the book you have been putting off. Learning something new can raise your spirits
and nurtures your mind.
5. Meditate or sit in silence for 20 minutes. Meditating on compassion has been
Scientifically proven to increase happiness and joy.
6. Go for a swim in your community pool. Swimming can be meditative and get your heart
rate up at the same time. Raising your heart rate for 20 minutes or more will burn
calories, and reset your energy. Since our bodies are more than 90% water swimming
is very nurturing.
7. Watch a funny movie. Laughing can helps us relax and just enjoy the moment.
8. Call a friend or family member you have not spoken to in a long while. Deep
conversations with loved ones can renew you and increase levels of happiness.
9. Eat a healthy and nourishing meal. Sit down and relax while you eat, rather than
rushing or eating while you work. Healthy food can raise your spirits and vibration
quickly. Knowing you are feeding your body healthy food also is a boost for your body
as it gets nutritious food and is completely guilt-free, an added bonus.
10. Go to the beach. The ocean air and salt water is revitalizing and cleansing. There is
nothing like salt water and a beach to ground, renew and restore your mind, body and
11. Forgive yourself. We place a lot of stress on ourselves in our work day. Forgive yourself
for what you have not accomplished so far. Holding onto guilt and shame lowers your
vibration and causes long term health issues like Fibromyalgia and other immune
12. Take a nap. Or go to bed early. Getting enough sleep can make a huge difference in how
you perform during your work day. It can make the difference between being able to cope
and having a melt-down.
13. Spend time watching your children, or someone else's children play. Sometimes we
forget how good play makes us feel. Watching a child enjoy the moment without worries
teaches us how to do the same.
14. Go to a park or Botanical Garden. Enjoying the scents and beauty of roses and orchids
lightens your spirit and brings more beauty into your world.
15. Do yoga. Yoga helps center you and brings you peace. Gentle stretching in yoga is so
beneficial for the body. The added bonus is the great yoga butt you get without much
16. Take a trip. Nothing restores the soul like traveling to a new destination. Sure you might
have a favorite place you visit, but traveling to someplace new excites the mind and
raises your happiness quotient.
17. Write. Whether it is a personal journal or several pages in the book you want to publish
one day, writing can put you in the zone of optimum experience very quickly.
With Love and Abundance,
For more information about Self Love, self nurturing or doing transformational success coaching with Jennifer e-mail Jennifer here