Friday, October 3, 2014

Joyful Eating, Loving and Weight Loss

By Jennifer Elizabeth Masters


I am a sensual being. I love soft fabrics, beautiful colors, landscapes and I love food! When my family is home, I love to cook for them. This past week my daughter came home for a quick 5-day visit between college terms. I was delighted to have her visit. A week prior to her visit I began to drink a green drink that my son recommended on his blog: Naked Healthy. This drink recipe is listed below. While my daughter was here I ate pasta (which I have not eaten in over a year), a cheeseburger, Tiramisu, my favorite dessert, a bag of chocolates and Crème brûlée. We ate other things as well.  The gist of our visit was
road trips and eating. Food was a large part of what we enjoyed together.


My daughter, dogs and I took road trips to Ojai, Tehachapi and Malibu Beach. Each of these trips involved food and lots of it. The most amazing thing that happened is that today when I got on the scale at the gym (after missing 9 days of workouts) is that I lost 5 pounds! How could I eat to my heart's content, yet lose weight? This question will be answered below.

My daughter Ariel, is in culinary school studying to be a pastry chef. She loves food as much as I do. The entire five days of our visit we just loved each other. We did not argue. We did not even have a heated discussion. We enjoyed each other's presence. Joy and love was what caused me to burn off whatever we ate. Being happy and joyful is a high vibration. I had to share this experience with you to illustrate that the vibration of love and joy is life enhancing. You burn more calories when you are filled with love and joy. 


Living a life of fulfillment allows you to exude a high level of vibration. We tapped into a state of FLOW and vibrant health, by being in a state of LOVE and JOY for 5 solid days!


Here is the recipe for the green drink that I began to drink two weeks ago. Since that time, I have dropped 10 pounds! The most important ingredient besides the greens is the Chia seeds. Chia delivers a one-two punch with massive amounts of nutrients and few calories. You can drink this as a meal replacement. One 15 gram scoop of Chia contains: 3 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber, 0 trans fat, 0 saturated fat, 4g polyunsaturated fat, 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 90 g potassium, 6 g carbohydrate, with no sugar. Chia seeds are high in Omega 3's and 6's, manganese, phosphorus and protein. Chia helps with diabetes, improves heart health and lowers blood sugar. Chia helps you feel full and clear the arteries of plaque. You will find your memory improves and your mind becomes more clear.

Salvia hispanica, the botanical name for CHIA, a member of the mint family. Around 2600 BC, Chia was their most important crop. It was used by the Aztecs and Mayans. The word CHIA, in Mayan means strength. They offered it to their Gods, used it in rituals and ceremonies. It was ground it into flour, used it in drinks and cooked with it. Aztecs warriors used Chia seeds to boost their energy and increase stamina, causing it to be referred to as "Aztec Running Food." Native American Indians also used Chia seeds as a part of their diet. Athletes today, especially distance runners use Chia to enhance their endurance with this super-food. 

1 scoop of Chia seeds soaked in 1.5 cups of pure water
1 stalk of celery chopped
1/2 an apple sliced
2 - 3 Kale leaves chopped
Handful of fresh spinach leaves
1/2 lemon without rind
Pinch of Himalayan salt or 1/2 tsp Honey 

Pulse in blender till smooth. Add more water if the consistency is too thick. Drink immediately.

I prefer a salty green drink - but everyone is different. Use honey if you prefer a sweet drink.




Yoda greeting Ariel at the airport

Jennifer's website is: JenniferElizabethMasters.com She is a catlytic life, love and empowerment coach for women. She is the author or Orgasm For Life, the Sex Bible For The New Age. You can e-mail Jennifer if you have questions about her blog, or coaching  JenniferElizabethMasters@gmail.com