Beyond Money, the root of all Happiness
By contrast, when I lived a more simplistic lifestyle, spending time meditating in nature daily, I found true happiness and joy. It was not the poverty that brought me happiness, but the joy I found inside myself. It is the smallest of events that bring me the most joy. This inner peace comes from self-love, acceptance and letting go of what does not serve you.
|Jennifer and Karma, Santa Barbara, California|
When you don't love and accept yourself, you attract someone else who is doesn't love and accept themselves. We have to take responsibility for our own happiness instead of expecting our relationship or partner to do it for us. No one can make you happy, but you. Until you are happy with you, I hate to tell you, but you won't be permanently happy with anyone, or anything. You will be left longing and wanting and won't know what you are longing for.
I tried therapy, a psychiatrist and burying it. None of those things helped. Avoidance may mask your issues for a while, but eventually your body will become sick from holding onto all the emotional baggage, resentment and unforgiveness. Cancer is what usually grabs people's attention, but by then most people don't have the energy to do the soul searching and healing required to heal their disease. Resentment and anger cause cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, Fibromyalgia and Epstein Barr disease. Self love heals them all. Until the emotional and mental aspects of cancer are healed within the body, traditional chemotherapy and surgery will only be a temporary band aid, not a cure. Healing the past is the only way.
Begin loving yourself today:
- Let go of condemnation of yourself & others.
- Stop being critical of yourself and others.
- Live in the present. Let go of the past.
- Be grateful for what you have. Every day.
- Forgive yourself and everyone else.
- Let go of perfectionism. it is kinder to you.
- Let go of control It is fear based.
- Focus on you.
- Don't blame others.
- Take responsibility for your feelings.
- Be aware, watch what you say and think.
- Allow yourself to feel your emotions fully, crying cleans out the old and makes you feel better.
- Meditate daily.
- Use positive affirmations.
- Be positive.
- Don't complain, no one wants to hear it anyway. It just makes you feel bad.
- Love what you are doing, do what you love!
- Learn to laugh at yourself, you might be surprised how much fun you are.
- Get moving. Exercise makes you feel good.
- Get outdoors and breathe deeply.
- Sing, dance, and play. Life is supposed to be fun
- Listen to your heart instead of your mind.
- Give yourself space to heal. Nurture you.
- Keep your thoughts loving.
- Keep yourself filled up with love from within. When we come to the party already full we aren't needy, grasping or controlling.
Opening your heart and letting go of control, perfectionism, condemnation, and criticism will release a lot of negativity for you. Returning thoughts to loving thoughts, and staying positive is key. Use a simple mantra when you begin to think or say negative things. My favorite is, "I LOVE ME!" It is simple and reminds us that we already have all we need inside, we just need to remember.
Praise For Jennifer