Monday, April 28, 2014

The Key To Lasting Happiness

By Jennifer Elizabeth Masters



Photo courtesy of Sarah Perkins Photography

http://blogtalkradio.com/hollischapmanshow
Interested in hearing who Jennifer is on the air? Join her this Friday at 1:00 PM EST and 10:00 AM PST as Hollis Chapman, author of the book Pursue Your Passion interviews Jennifer about her forthcoming book: Orgasm For Life.


This is Jennifer's second time on Hollis' show. Our last time was synergistic, laugh-filled and very entertaining. Find out what makes Jennifer tick, and more about her book.


Now more than any other period in history, people are struggling with their sense of identity. We think we are mothers, wives, husbands, and fathers. We believe we are lawyers, doctors, teachers, and farmers. Yet our role as a parent _fill in the blank is not who we are. Our profession whether it is a medical professional or a teacher is not who we are. We mistakenly identify with our profession. What happens when our professional role ends? What happens to us when this part of us dissolves, through layoffs, termination or retirement? What then?


When we are born we have no such identity. We come into the world as an infant with a fully formed soul intact. Our soul is not one of an infant - our soul does not see ourselves as a baby. Most people have not ever considered the fact that our souls live on after leaving our bodies. They have never considered what happens when we are reintroduced into a new body. The soul in your infant child was a fully formed being. 


Each and every soul on this planet has a purpose. Every person we come into contact with is influenced in some way by our presence. It does not matter whether we choose to be a parent or not, we still have the power to influence others. How we choose to be in the world is up to us. 

Feeling Lost?

Many of my clients come to me because they have looked for happiness in work or relationships. Although they may be happy and fulfilled by these things for a short while, the happiness is fleeting. It does not last a lifetime. Why does this happen? 

True Happiness

Happiness cannot be found permanently through work, love or a child. Our happiness must come from within us. If you are filled with self-loathing, condemnation and criticism, you will feel unfulfilled and maybe even depressed. I was chronically depressed for over 20 years. My depression created many other issues. Insomnia, restlessness, and chronic fatigue were among some of my issues. I also battled constant bladder, sinus. and chest infections. All of my self-criticism and self-loathing made me ill, it made me feel ugly. I recognized that there is an emotional component to all illness. When we are stuck and unable to cry, or release anger these emotions are lodged in our cells, causing bladder infections, bronchitis, sinus infections, pneumonia, and even cancer.

Moving Into Love

When we stop looking at ourselves with a magnifying glass, amplifying our faults and then beating ourselves up with a baseball bat we can begin to accept ourselves. Society teaches us to be perfect. Yet there is no such thing as a perfect individual. 

We all make mistakes. We can all be misguided. Our emotions, self-doubt, and fear get in the way of choosing the best direction for ourselves. We often choose partners that end up betraying us, hurting us or leaving. When we recognize that we are okay as we are, and begin to love ourselves unconditionally, our body relaxes, our fear falls away. We don't have to change, only our perception of ourselves has to.

Changing Thoughts

The greatest change anyone can make for themselves is to change their thoughts.

Self-deprecating comments have no place in your head. JEM (Yes that is my motto.) 

I usually have great success when I tell my clients, "If God would not say these things to you, why do you?" When you begin to discipline your mind to think only positive thoughts about yourself, you begin to feel more positive. You accept yourself even is you don't choose wisely. You begin to use the events in your life as teachable moments. Learning from the events, rather than beating yourself up. 

You Are Not Your Thoughts!

It is possible to change your thoughts. There was probably no person on this planet that was more negative than I was. I was raised in an environment where criticism was rampant. It was all I knew. I became what my parent taught. I condemned myself and judged everyone else. There was a turning point where a boyfriend hit me between the eyes telling me how judgmental and critical of others I was. I began to listen to the voices in my head. Someone else had to tell me, I could not see this for myself. 

It took effort, but I began to stop those thoughts that didn't support me. I had begun to believe all the negative voices in my head saying I wasn't good enough, I wasn't smart enough and I wasn't deserving. It took effort, but this was the start of something really wonderful. 

As I began to think more positive things about myself, I began to feel better. My illness that was so prevalent went away! I stopped having sinus infections, bladder infections and bronchitis. Even breast cancer was healed with loving thoughts about myself and my mother within months. 

Who Are YOU?

When you look at yourself now, who do you see? Do you see the beautiful radiant light that is within you? Do you see the wise woman, or man that guides others with your truth? Do you see the beauty and grace that pervades your life? Do you see the unlimited opportunities for joy and happiness when you stop beating yourself up for not being perfect?

You are not your thoughts. You are not your job. You are not just a sister, brother, technical writer or doctor. You are so much more than that. You are the light that permeates all that you do. You have a purpose, people to lift up with your light, children to guide, lives to change. 
Adam, Ariel, David in Boulder, Colorado

When I was in my thirties, I thought I was just a mother. Looking back at my adult children now, I see three beautiful adults serving humanity in their own way. I used to feel small, as a stay-at-home mother. I felt unintelligent and uneducated in comparison to my husband who was so smart. Now, I no longer compare myself with others. I am my own light. There is no one else like me. There is no one else like you. There is no one else who has your gifts, talents or wisdom. There is no other person on this planet that has your exact soul purpose. You are the source of your happiness. No one else can give it to you.

If you are still not feeling it. Isn't it time you set up a discovery session with me to find your inner light. To begin to love every part of your soul, body and who you truly are? If you are not finding the joy and happiness where you are - contact me right now! Your life will change in beautiful ways.


Or send me a private e-mail to discuss finding your inner happiness. JenniferElizabethMasters@gmail.com

Jennifer Elizabeth Masters is the author of Orgasm For Life. She is a love and passion coach, speaker, certified hypnotherapist, life, Master Energy healer, NLP practitioner and light worker. She is intuitive catalyst for self growth.