My readers have shared that my best posts seem to be the ones where I share my personal experiences of growth, realization, evolution, and enlightenment. Today's post is a personal experience where I procrastinated for a year on a seemingly small thing which became a huge event. When I finally resolved the issue, I wondered why I waited so long, as I became a hero in my community.
Before enlighenment, chop the wood, light the fires, cook the meals. After enlightenment, chop the wood, light the fires, cook the meals.
Procrastination makes mountains out of molehills. The longer we put off doing something to correct the issue, the larger the issue becomes. JEM
come inside, they always remark at how good the energy feels. I meditate daily. I Ascend every day, doing mantras several times a day. I keep my energy high and cleared daily.
Even so, there are certain tasks I would rather not do, cleaning my oven is one of them. In fact, I would rather visit my gynecologist than clean my oven, and that is not a visit I enjoy. So here I was with little time remaining. I sprayed the oven in preparation to clean it but ran out of time to complete the task.
Each time I had a thought about the oven it added to the negativity.
Mercury Retrograde provides the energy to get old energy resolved and released. I decided to use the energy of this Mercury Retrograde to resolve the issue with my oven. The current Mercury Retrograde period ends on September 22nd. I knew I had to resolve the issue before the end of September to use the energy of Mercury to move me along to resolution.
- I created a plan that set myself up for success.
- I gave myself the time I needed to ensure ever contingency was covered.
- I accepted the invitation to the pot-luck dinner party several days before.
- With my RSVP, I committed to fresh baked gluten free vegan cookies which set the wheels in motion for success.
- I psyched myself up for the task.
- I ran into a snag. I couldn't find the recipe for the banana nut, coconut cookies. I asked several people. I searched the Internet. Not even my daughter could remember the magical cookie recipe that was so delicious.
- I decided to raise the bar higher and make black bean brownies instead. I knew they would be a hit, it made me feel better about cleaning the oven. I had tasted them in Georgia at the Naked Healthy event. They were delicious and healthy.
- Friday on the way home from the beach I stopped and bought a
- I got up at 5:30 Saturday morning, making sure I had enough time to clean the oven, buy the ingredients and bake something.
- I sprayed the oven while I fed my animals. I gave the spray the full two hours to do its job.
- I took the wire racks outside and sprayed them on the concrete patio and left them to work in the heat.
- I took the dogs out to the desert and did my dancing - I was still taking care of myself while I worked through the issue.
- I used the time cleaning the oven to do mantras, prayers for the highest good of the oven, the bean brownies, and my highest success.
- I thought positive, loving thoughts while I cleaned every inch of dirt from the oven.
- I carefully made sure I rinsed all chemicals from all four sides of the oven, washing and re-washing again.
- Instead of beating myself up while performing the task, I laughed at myself and how difficult I made the job seem in my head.
- Rather than hating what I was doing, I had a positive attitude about getting the job completed before Thanksgiving.
- I didn't focus on the negative thoughts or think how stupid I was, or how bad a person I was because I had procrastinated.
- I lovingly accepted my quirkiness and wrapped love around
- I sprayed the racks off with the garden hose and then scrubbed anything remaining with the scouring pad. They looked amazing!
- I had paper towels, so I didn't have to rinse my sponge out a thousand times.
- I used a fumeless oven cleaner, so I didn't get toxic chemicals in my nose.
- I adopted a positive attitude focusing only on the job at hand rather than the negativity of the past.
- I congratulated and celebrated that I did the job well.
- I focused only on the present, the clean oven.
She left off the vinegar and pumpkin syrup. Luckily I had pure maple syrup at home. I had never made black bean brownies before but knew they tasted incredible. They are a healthy version of the delicious but sugary treat.
How long will you wait to get your internal self-feeling positive, loving, totally accepted, whole and happy?