When Rocky road is not an ice cream but your relationship, you might wonder if you would recognize a great relationship if you fell on one. For those who have never had a successful, loving relationship, or aren't sure what a good relationship
looks or feels like, you might be wondering after months of dating someone if what you have is going to stay happy, balanced and supportive. Here is a completely unscientific list of ways to discern if you have found a precious gem, or should keep looking.
10. Your relationship is balanced between time together and time apart with your own friends. You don't expect this one person to be your everything. You continue to have a life outside of the relationship and time out with friends. You don't get upset when you go your separate ways for an event, or evening. No need to take separate vehicles out so you can double back and go meet your friends on the QT.
11. You each take personal responsibility for your own happiness, health and finances. You know that no one other than you can make you happy. Neither of you expects a white knight to rescue the other on a big white stallion.
12. Your life was great before the relationship now it is amazing! You each enhance the other's lives, rather than detract.
13. You are all in. This is not one of those one foot in, one foot out relationships. You don't have a backup plan, or wonder when he or she will break up with you.
14. You have risked it all, laid it on the line. You are completely vulnerable with this person. Without this risk, your heart is not open.
15. You have mutual respect for each other, their friends and loved ones.
16. There is little to no drama in your relationship.
17. You are able to be transparent and authentic. You don't try to hide your flaws and are honest about them. You accept each other anyway.
18. You are comfortable in the silence. There will be times you don't talk. You are comfortable in that space. It is not awkward.
19. No need for a legal clause. When you argue, you feel safe. there is no destruction of property, buildings, walls, faces or any living thing.
20. You don't feel like you are walking on eggshells when you talk about delicate subjects.
21. You want to go the extra mile for this person, just because.
22. You both take good care of your health and body out of personal respect for you.
23. Your love is unconditional. Love is not taken away because you don't like what the other is saying, thinking or doing.
relationships. Listen to Jennifer's radio show: All You Need Is Love heard on Tune In and BBM Global LIVE on Thursday nights at 8:00 PM EST/5:00 PM PST. The archive should be up in a few days after the last recording. Or on Straight Up Sex Talk with Linzi Levinson. This show was all about our beautiful men! Erectile dysfunction is the subject. From the causes to cures. You won't want to miss listening to hear how you can prevent and cure erectile dysfunction. Thank you to Linzi who is the most gracious of guest and the consummate professional radio hosts.