You've heard it from me, Deepak, Louise Hay, Oprah and countless others. Self-love is the key to a fulfilled and happy life.
It's not better sex, it's not a faster or prettier car, and it certainly isn't a relationship that will bring you lasting happiness if you aren't happy with you. To this end, I will share with you what I did to go from batshit crazy, negative and depressed to completely blissfully happy no matter what!
7. Guard Your Personal Space And Time. It is better to have real friends that support you rather than drain you. If you have few good friends, you are far better off than having a crowd of people who take advantage or drain your energy. We have all had people drain us financially and also energetically. Your energy is precious. People who share in your successes and support you when things are going well are true friends. Those who are delighted when you fail are those you want to avoid.
8. Have A Daily Spiritual Practice. Gratitude, Forgiveness, Prayer, and Meditation are all things that I began to practice daily. When I did, I felt supported, loved and unafraid. A Daily Spiritual Practice fills the void inside of you; it connects you with Spirit, The Universe and The Love of The Divine (a higher power). A spiritual connection is imperative for deep inner peace and fulfillment.
9. Live With Purpose and Design. What do you want your legacy to be? How do you want to be remembered? When I began to do service work - even in landscaping, I felt like I was making a difference. You don't have to be a healer to make a difference in
this world. Think about what makes your heart sing, write down a list of those things.
Maybe you only have one or two activities that make you feel fulfilled, how can you make those activities part of your daily life? When you begin to live your life with purpose, you feel you are giving back in some way. Maybe your purpose right now is to raise your children to be healthy, confident and active participating adults. Raising children is a noble purpose. There is no greater gift to the world than to raise purpose-filled, confident adults.
10. Be True To Your Word. Though this item is listed tenth, it should probably be number one on the hit parade. It is one of the most profound things you can do to raise your self-esteem. Saying what you mean and meaning what you say, sounds like such a simple thing. However, when you begin to make commitments and live up to them with consistency, you will find your self-esteem soars.
I had a hard time with commitments. I would make agreements and then go back on them. I couldn't make up my mind. I found myself agreeing to things I didn't feel right for me because I couldn't stand up for myself at the moment. As you become more confident, you will learn how to stand up for your truth and beliefs.
11. Take Responsibility. When you take responsibility for your actions, health and happiness, you will find happiness begins to flow to you. No one can make you happy. No one can be responsible for you or your health but you. Taking responsibility for you is foundational for healthy self-esteem.
12. Stop Telling Your Story and Forgive Everyone. Everyone has a sad story to tell. It could be a nasty ex or abandonment in childhood. Maybe your parents died when you were young. Although your story is a sad tale
until you stop telling it you won't move beyond the past. You will continue to regurgitate the past dragging it right along with you as you attempt to create something new and different. You can't move into something better when you keep focusing on the past.
When we are loving with ourselves, we attract others to us that are accepting and loving also. Relationships with others who are filled with self-love are infinitely easier than having a relationship before we fully love ourselves.
To Make Things Easier
Begin with one step. When you have mastered one step, add another. It took me over thirty years to be in a place of happiness and fulfillment daily. I did it one step at a time. You can too.
Jennifer Elizabeth Masters is the author of the forthcoming book: HAPPY HERE, HAPPY ANYWHERE.
Find Jennifer's books on Amazon.
May 23rd until June 6th or until the eleven spaces are filled! Here is the payment link: PayPal
E-mail Jennifer for your appointment or questions