Being happy with you, the way you are is probably the biggest gift that you can give yourself. Teaching people how to love themselves is the cornerstone of my work. Why do I do it? Because I used to hate myself. I was filled with feelings of guilt, shame and unworthiness. I know how debilitating those feelings can be. They can take over our thoughts, create illness in our bodies and destroy our relationships. In essence love of the self is the biggest gift you can give yourself and your family. When you love and accept yourself the way you are, you become so much more of a benefit to everyone you come into contact with as well.
- Get enough sleep. Don't stay up watching movie after movie and then drag yourself up to bed at 3:00 AM. Go to bed at the same time every night. Get up at the same time every morning. Your body will feel so much better for it. You will also have more of an interest in sex if you get enough sleep.
- Eat within the first hour of waking up. This will wake up your metabolism. When you wait hours to eat your first meal, your body thinks you are starving and will store more fat. You will also end up devouring muscle to feed your body. It is not a healthy cycle to get into. Eat within the first hour of waking.
- Exercise daily. Walk outside. Take your dog for a walk. Get yourself outside. Nature, fresh air and exercise will help you feel more valuable, and healthy. Moving is something that many of us stop doing as we age. It is exactly the opposite of what our body needs. Keep moving. Do it for you! Moving daily keeps your body well-oiled.
- Paint your toe nails. Even if you live alone, take care of you. Pamper yourself and give yourself a manicure. You don't have to spend a ton of money on a weekly manicure, do it yourself! Looking down and seeing your pink toe-nails can make you smile, feel pretty and even sexy!
- Recycle! There are tons of second-hand, nearly new consignment shops around. You can look smart without spending your paycheck. I buy better quality clothes second-hand than I could afford new. Many people buy clothes and
- Wear pretty clothes! If you wear clothes that are big, bulky and frumpy, you will feel big, bulky and frumpy! Dress for joy! I was recently in San Diego with a client. When I stopped by in my second-hand dress that made me feel - oh so happy, she noticed it too. She told me I looked sexy!
- Wear pretty night clothes. Sleeping in sweats makes you feel frumpy. Dress to feel happy, pretty but comfortable all at the
You might not stand like this, but it will make
you feel pretty and sexy!
- Dress for you! Wear what you love and it will show. I don't follow fashion rules or trends. I wear what looks good on me and makes me feel good. I don't dress for anyone else than myself. I recommend wearing colors that suit you. Everyone has colors that they look best in. Stick to the color pallet that suits you best, rather than following color trends.